Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Normal Topic All That Matters - Happy Ever After Matters 19/19 (Read 1464 times)
Vgerland
Cub Reporter

I Love Superman

All That Matters - Happy Ever After Matters 19/19
Apr 6th, 2009 at 9:19pm

Chapter 19 – Happy Ever After Matters

Clark stared at her in shock.  Was she really saying she wanted him?  He finally managed to stammer, “Lois...do you really mean that?  You want me… Clark…not Richard?”

Lois smiled nodding.

“Not Superman… but plain old Clark?”

She nodded again and pulled him into another kiss which he fully returned for several seconds but when her hands managed to get under the covers and started roaming his chest he pulled back and was out of the bed almost instantaneously.

“No, not like this!”  He stood by the bedside wearing only a pair of boxers, realizing his state of undress and seeing Lois propped up on the bed clearly appreciating the view he quickly looked around the room.  Finding his suit, he super speeded into it much to Lois’ dismay and she made no attempt to hide her feelings.

“You need to end it with Richard before there can ever be anything more between us.” 

“You’re right of course. I do need to formally end it with Richard.” She looked away coming back to reality and rose up on the bed only to settle back down, sitting on the back of her legs before looking back at him.  “I’m sure he’s already seen the writing on the wall, but I do need to be direct and honest with him, he certainly deserves that.”  Clark nodded and she asked, “Are you going to be alright now?”

He turned his head and she knew he was looking up through the building to the sky.  “I’m going to be fine, the morning is dawning. I just need a little actual sunlight and I’ll be as good as new.”  He looked back at her and smiled softly. “Lois.”

“Yes.”

“Thanks for being there when I needed you.” He frowned, uncertainty and perhaps regret written all over his features. “Do you really think we stand a chance at happiness or will Superman always be in the way?” 

“If we want it bad enough then anything is possible, you’ve taught me that if nothing else.  I’m willing to share you with the whole world if that is the only way we can be together.  And I promise to always be there for you as long as you promise to always come home to me.”

Smiling once again, a feeling of security coming back, he answered, “Then we both want the same thing.  In fact I’ve never wanted anything more.  I promise with all my heart and soul that nothing short of death will ever keep us apart again.”  He closed the distance between them and pulled her up off the bed embracing her as they sealed their promises with a kiss filled with hope and desire for what the future would bring their way.      

Xox

Superman and Lois headed to the elevator together, hand in hand kissing again in the enclosed space until the doors opened to the roof exit.  She waited while he flew off for a few minutes to bask in the sun to restore his full powers then he returned to take her home to the house she had shared with Richard. 

Richard had been unable to sleep and was standing at the window and saw Superman as he landed near the porch with Lois nestled contentedly in his arms.  He sighed and walked away bracing himself for what he knew was coming next.   

Superman had seen Richard and out of respect he merely nodded to Lois instead of kissing her as he very much wanted to do when he landed gently on the ground and reluctantly released his hold of her legs to set her down.  “He’s there waiting.  If you need me, call.”

Lois nodded but didn’t release her arms from around his shoulders still needing or wanting his presence. “He’s a good man. How else do you think I could have even considered him after you?  He’ll be alright.”  She said it as a statement but her eyes showed doubt.   

Superman smiled cradling Lois’ chin trying to elicit a smile before he took off and wanting to allay her trepidation of having to end it with Richard he said jestingly. “Remember I’m not letting him off the hook, he is still Jason’s father and college is going to be really expensive by the time he’s old enough.”

Smiling just thinking of their son, she answered choosing to ignore the joking part of the comment. “I know how much he loves Jason. He’ll be relieved you’re not going to push him aside.”

“Lois, he’s as much Jason’s father as I am and I would never deny either of them that connection.  I thank God every day Richard was there for Jason and see no reason why that should change.”  He started to leave then turned back. “Tell mom I’ll see her later.  I have a few things that need to be taken care of.  Remember I’m only a whisper away.” He gave her a super quick kiss then was gone.         

She smiled, touching her lips having felt the unseen kiss and slowly headed inside.

Xox

Superman swooped down into the Batcave being careful as always not to disturb the large horde of tiny mammals attached in various locations, all sleeping, throughout the cave’s dark interior.   He landed in the Batcave’s main chamber near the console where Bruce was working tirelessly as always.   

Turning around in his chair, Bruce greeted his friend, “I figured you would show up when you got tired of playing sleeping beauty.”

Responding to his friend’s sarcastic comment Superman replied in kind, “I guess I had some catching up to do.” Then turning more serious he continued “Thanks for whatever part you had in that whole S.T.A.R. Labs setup.  So, I owe you yet again?” 

Bruce nodded. 

Shaking his head with a soft chuckle Superman replied, “No doubt you already have something in mind.”

“Not really, but I’m sure something will come up, eventually.”

“Lois told me you and Dr. Hamilton have been working together for a few years now.  I still can’t believe you would do all of that for me.”

“Eh, what can I say? I’m an eccentric billionaire. I needed a pet project to spend some of my time and money on.”   

“Hmmm…Lucky me.” 

“You know, you have really got to start being a little less cavalier.  People are likely to think you’re just plain stupid or something and we both know that’s not the case.”   

Superman turned away shaking his head in agreement. “When I saw Luthor threaten that little boy, all I could think of was that it could so easily have been Jason.  I guess I lost my head and well…”

“Almost got yourself killed,” Bruce finished for him.  Superman turned back nodding reluctantly as he relaxed his stance somewhat.  “Don’t let it worry you too much.  It’s happened to the best of us, even me.”  Superman nodded surprised his friend would admit such a blunder. “Just take it as a hard learned lesson and remember in the future if you’re killed there will be no one left to stop the likes of Luthor and whoever you are trying to protect would die with you.”

Superman arched his eyebrows and shrugged dejectedly. “I guess he won’t be causing any more havoc.”

Bruce smirked. “Cheer up, that is the one good thing that came of your idiocy.”   

Superman looked up shocked that Bruce would be so outright glad a man was dead, “I never meant for it to end like that.  I…”

“Face it Boy Scout, you got lucky.  That beast is dead and ironically by his own hand. That is unless he can come back from the grave, but somehow I think that will be a little difficult being that they cremated his body already.” 

Superman looked away with a pained expression on his face. “It’s just such a waste.  That man could have been anything he wanted.  I’ll never understand why he would have wanted to squander his brilliance the way he did.  What did his obsession with destroying things or killing me ever get him?”

“Look, I don’t like seeing a man die any more than you do but fiends like him don’t think the way we do.  They only ever think of themselves.  The cold hard fact is the world is a safer place with him gone. The sooner you accept that the better off you’ll be.  ”

“Maybe I prefer to give people the benefit of a doubt.  People can change, you see it everyday.”

“Not all people, first they have to want to change.”  Knowing he would never convince his too rosy world friend Bruce changed the subject.  “Miss Kowalski is awake. Perhaps there is hope yet for her.” 

Superman nodded and the two men headed upstairs.  As the elevator doors opened Bruce motioned towards the hallway, “I’m sure you remember where the room is located.  I’ll just leave you two alone to chat.”

Superman knocked softly.  Hearing her answer “come in” he entered and found her propped up in a sitting position on the bed with big pillows behind her back.  The burses on her face were showing sighs of healing and her natural beauty, freed from all the makeup, was starting to return.  She looked up from a magazine and smiled broadly when she saw who it was.

“I’m glad you’re doing so much better.  You had us worried there for a while,” he said.

“Thank goodness I’m not the only one who has miraculously recovered.”  Setting her magazine aside she asked, “is it true, Lex is really dead?”

Superman nodded.  “Yes, he’s dead.” 

“Good,” she said resolutely, then apologetically, “I’m sorry for what he did to you, on that island thingy and …” 

“It’s done. I don’t blame you for what happened.  I am trying to tie up some loose ends though.  Do you know what happened to the other men who were on the…island?” he repeated her name for the place preferring it to New Krypton.  “They weren’t with him in Metropolis and no one has been able to find a trace of them anywhere.”

She grimaced remembering. “They kinda got squished when one of those column things fell on them… when we all ran for the helicopter.”  Seeing his shocked reaction she asked, “Didn’t you know?” He shook his head ‘no’ so she continued, “Sorry about your crystals.”

“What about the crystals?”

“After what Lex did, almost destroying the world I dumped them out of the copter just before we took off.  What he did was insane. I was afraid he’d try again.”  She stopped suddenly unsure, “It was the right thing to do, wasn’t it?”

Superman nodded sadly. “Yes, What you did was right.  Its better this way, they’ll never fall into the wrong hands again.” 

“What’s going to happen to me now?” 

“Once you’re ready, I need to take you back to Metropolis.  I think if you turn state’s evidence to clear up some of Luthor’s crimes they’ll go easy on you. There is nothing to be gained by imprisoning you. I’ll testify on your behalf if needed. I can’t speak for the DA but perhaps several years of community service will suffice.”   

“I was relieved to hear that Miss Lane and her little boy are alright. I was scared that Lex had Riley or Grant kill them before we left the yacht but I was too afraid to ask him.”  She looked away wiping a tear before continuing. “The bastard killed my little dog out of pure spite before he tore into me?”

“I’m sorry.”  He had watched and listened to her heart beat as she mentioned Lois and Jason and inwardly had heard what he needed to know.  Luthor had not told her.  The secret was safe. 

Xox

Superman returned to the Batcave where he knew he would find Bruce once again working at the console.  He stopped to speak to his friend once again before leaving, “By the way, I spoke to Inspector Henderson.  They’ve agreed to drop the charges against you.”

Bruce looked up smirking.  “Oh, you mean the kidnapping charges?  Nice since I did save your scrawny neck.”

Superman smirked back suppressing a chuckle. “Yeah, those charges, next time you come to Metropolis just remember things are handled a bit different there and you’ll be alright.” 

Bruce nodded and his friend turned away starting to leave. “Ah…that is one special kid you have there.” 

Turning back smiling Superman said, “I know… thanks.”

Squinting his eyes in consternation Batman asked, “He doesn’t have x-ray vision yet does he?”   

“X-ray vision…no I doubt it.  Why do you ask?” 

Bruce shook his head, “Never mind…it’s just that there seemed to be something strange in the way he looked at me, like he was seeing more than he should have, that’s all.”

Superman answered looking somewhat perplexed, “Relax I’m sure you were reading something more into his actions.  My vision powers were among the last to develop. Besides, even if he does have some extra vision abilities, x-raying with that kind of precision would be far beyond his capability to control.”

“Maybe, but it sure made me think he was seeing something.”

“Even if he did, what would it matter? It’s not like he has ever seen Bruce Wayne, so no big deal.”  He shrugged his shoulders. 

“What about you and his mother?  You too seemed pretty cozy when I left.” 

“Yes, I would say that.” he smiled broadly just thinking about Lois.  “Lois is breaking it off with Richard.  We’re making plans to finally be together.  Plans we should have made a long time ago before we got so rudely interrupted.”    

“About time, you deserve some happiness.  I finally understand what you see in her.   Just don’t lose your edge.” 

Superman nodded then said as he once again started to turn away.  “Thanks, again.  I’ll see you soon.  I guess…” He sighed, “Since I’m once again in your debt feel free to call me whenever you want me to ‘pay up’.”

Xoxox

Lois followed Clark to the supply closet knowing the office was almost empty for the night.  They had finally finished up their articles detailing the downfall of all that was Luthor as well as Superman’s quick recovery from near mortal wounds.   They were both finally free of other obligations and she had let Richard take Jason home with him for the night.

Lois shut the door behind her and leaned up against it in a seductive pose taking full advantage of the long slit in her skirt which allowed for a good view of her leg even without
x-ray vision.  “Why don’t we go to your place?” She cooed. 

Clark answered without turning around, already knowing she was there.  “This is sort of my place Lois.” 

“Huh?”  She asked confused, looking around the small cluttered room. Noticing for the first time his open suitcase, she somehow managed to maintain her pose.

Clark turned his head and seeing her smirked.  He shut the suitcase and put it back in place, hidden from prying eyes.  The room was close quarters so he only had to move a couple steps to where she was still leaning with her back against the door.  He placed his hands flat against the door on either side of her, trapping her against the door, not that she seemed to mind at all.    

Teasing her with his mere closeness he answered her with his lips milliseconds away from hers.   “Well the Fortress of Solitude is cold and dead.  As you already know, Luthor stole the crystals and they were what supplied the energy to heat and light the place.  I haven’t exactly had time to remedy that yet.”

Lois looked up at him trapped but loving it with him so close, it allowed her the opportunity to  rub her exposed leg up the inside of his pants leg.  “How about Niagara Falls?” 

Clark smiled back surprised.  He answered mischievously, “Maybe we could get our old room back.  We never did get to enjoy all the amenities it had to offer.”

Lois answered with mock worry, “You don’t think they redecorated do you?  It has been a long time.”

“Only one way to find out, but what are all of our co-workers going to say when we up and run off together.  You just broke up with Richard what, two days ago?”

“I could care less what they say.  I’m tired of waiting for you.”  Her leg brushed his again, even bolder than before.

“We never did give Perry that exposé did we?”  He moved slightly, his lips brushed hers teasing her beyond her strength to resist. 

Determined to break down his resistance for waiting, she arched up just enough to seal the kiss and managed to wrap her arms around his neck refusing to let go till she had to come up for air.   

“Do you think Richard would mind keeping Jason for a few days?” he asked almost as breathless as she. 

“Heck, if he won’t, your mom would be thrilled to keep him till he’s grown,” she said still trying to catch her breath along with her irresistible man.  He had her pinned but she was the one who went in for another long kiss. 

Clark pulled back almost panting, his voice husky barely managing to breathe between the words, “Lois will you marry me… tonight?”

“It’s about time” she breathed out, “you asked.” She had to breathe again.  “I was about to faint. Yes!”

Not Quite The End   

Lois never did make it to see her doctor before that fateful trip back to Niagara Falls and barely nine months later the happy couple was blessed with a healthy baby girl, Laura Elaine Kent. 

Richard White and his bride of three months Rebecca, Ben’s headstrong niece, were named the god parents.  Becca was almost as good a cook as Martha, her new stepmother, who had secretly played matchmaker with just a little help from Jason and Ben. 

Needless to say everyone lived happily ever after, each finding love and fulfillment and in the end, that is All That Matters.      

The End

Xoxoxoxo

Thank you so much SHADO for being my Beta.  I know it wasn't always easy.   

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic