Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Normal Topic TV shows in the Moviverse? (Read 5812 times)
Marcus Rowland
Cub Reporter

TV shows in the Moviverse?
Feb 26th, 2010 at 5:39pm

In an upcoming chapter of The Return Kara will be interviewed on TV. If possible I'd like to use a real show, so that I have a feel for how it works, e.g. The Tonight Show, Letterman, etc., but I know that's against site rules here. I really don't want an anonymous faceless interviewer.

I suppose that one answer might be to bring in a fictional / parody show, but the only mainstream one that comes to mind is the Colbert Show. Any suggestions on alternatives that'll work within the site rules?

Marcus L. Rowland&&Forgotten Futures: The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
IP Logged

Miss Lois
YaBB Moderator

I Love Superman

Re: TV shows in the Movieverse?
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 6:00pm

With something like a Tonight show interview I think we can relax the rules a little - The ban against using actors as characters is to keep people from using Brandon Routh, Margot Kidder, etc. as characters and using them in ways they wouldn't appreciate.

But using reviewers and journalists playing themselves does have precedence in the Movieverse - Rex Reed played himself in SM I. So Letterman et al should be safe so long as he doesn't do anything OOC like dating Kara.

OR, instead of a faceless interviewer, it's the Paul Scriber show, or Metropolis Tonight hosted by Geoff O'Malley. You're also free to use Daytime Metropolis with Linda King.

Those who say it can't be done should get out of the way of those who are doing it.
IP Logged

Marcus Rowland
Cub Reporter

Re: TV shows in the Moviverse?
Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 6:16pm

Thanks!

IP Logged

Marcus Rowland
Cub Reporter

Re: TV shows in the Moviverse?
Reply #3 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 9:21pm

Turns out that there is something pretty close to what I want in DC comics canon - WGBS-TV's The Midnight Show starring Johnny Nevada, based fairly obviously on the Tonight show and Carson. Many thanks for your help!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic