Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Normal Topic Wishes Granted-Prelude & Awakenings 1/? (Read 1234 times)
Vgerland
Cub Reporter

I Love Superman

Wishes Granted-Prelude & Awakenings 1/?
Apr 9th, 2009 at 12:13am

Wishes Granted

Prelude

Be careful what you wish for, because sometimes wishes are granted.

Richard sat in his office looking out at Lois as she bent over Clark’s desk pointing out something on his computer.  The two of them seemed deep in thought as they worked on their latest joint masterpiece.  He sighed then turned his attention to the window wondering where the caped wonder was and just what he was doing.  Surely he would not be worried about losing the woman he loved to a clumsy reporter. 

His mind continued to think of the hero and what it must be like to be him.  At that very moment he had but one thought, he wished he was Superman. 

Xox

Clark looked up at Lois. She was so close that he could smell the lingering scent of her strawberry and cream shampoo. Well to be truthful, he had smelled it when she was across the room but with her this close he found it difficult to concentrate on anything else. He wondered what it must be like to share a bed with her night after night. To see her as she fell asleep or perhaps to lay awake just to watch her sleep and then be the first to see her each morning, her hair all messy from the long night.

His mind continued to contemplate all that was Lois.  At that very moment he had but one thought, he wished he was Richard White.    

Xox      

What neither of them knew was the new woman who had just been hired to do the daily Astrology column was watching them both.  She smiled as she granted the two handsome men each just one wish knowing the havoc it was sure to cause. She loved causing mischievous havoc - next to performing magic it was one of her favorite things. 

Xoxoxo

Chapter 1 - Awakenings

Superman floated high above the city finally allowing himself a break from his adopted vocation.  It had been one of those nights with a seemingly never ending parade of calamities, each calling for his special attention.  At least it had kept his mind off how lonely he felt.  He had been stealing time with his son but longed for more.  That was not all he longed for.  He was deeply regretting those rash decisions made so long ago that caused him to lose his only chance for personal happiness. Having Lois close enough to reach out and touch on a daily basis yet so out of reach was killing him inside. Yet not being around her seemed even more unbearable.  He knew he could never love anyone again the way he had loved Lois.  What was he thinking - the way he still loved Lois to the very core of his being. 

He closed his eyes and let the warm sunshine soothe away his exhaustion, wishing it was as easy to appease his spirit.   He felt himself relax and an unusual weariness caused him to doze off momentarily.  Seconds later feeling a strangeness he jerked awake and opened his eyes to see Lois nestled up next to him in bed.  He gasped and instantly rolled away in shock literally falling out of bed onto the floor. He found himself in nothing but underwear, tight, black and silky, like none he had ever owned.  He was momentarily frozen in place, his mouth agape looking back up at the bed where he had just been. 

Lois, disturbed by the noise made by his fall moved slightly and mumbled still half asleep, “Baaad dream? Poor baa-be, come bac ta bed, too-ou early ta getup.”

Clark was still in shock not knowing how he got where he was or what he had done while there.  “Um…um…” He managed to regain his senses and realized he had to escape, had to figure out what had happened. He scrambled to his feet then quickly moved away from the bed.  “I’ve got to go.”

“Mmmkay,”’ Lois mumbled turning over.  “Im go-in bac ta sleep.”

He quickly looked around the room wondering why his super senses didn’t seem to be working.  Not finding his suit in the dimly lit bedroom he decided maybe it was in the bathroom and tiptoed there only to get another shock as his peripheral vision saw his reflection in the mirror, only it wasn’t his reflection.  Even in the near darkness he could tell it was Richard’s. 

Xoxo

Richard felt a strange tingly feeling and thinking Lois was lying on his arm he went to turn over but his hands felt nothingness.  Opening his eyes he couldn’t believe what he was seeing.  He was suspended in mid-air miles above the earth dressed as Superman.  He panicked, screaming as he began to tumble down out of the sky head over heels and continued screaming the whole way down finally landing with a large thud in the middle of an unknown desert.

He lay there several seconds expecting to see the white light but when he finally got brave enough to open his eyes he instead watched as the large dust cloud his landing had created began to settle around where he lay.  He continued to lay there still afraid to move for several long minutes until a couple vultures flew overhead and settled on nearby rocks in anticipation of a meal.  Seeing them watching made him chance simple movements.  At last realizing he was unhurt he slowly sat up and got to his feet then clumsily climbed out of the creator all the while marveling that his fall had caused it.  Feeling better he shooed the birds away and brushed himself off.

Richard looked around and to his dismay saw nothing but desert for as far as the eye could see in every direction.  Confused and still dazed from all the adrenalin caused by the long fall he threw his arms up in surrender and having no idea where he was, started walking in the direction of the still rising sun.  For some reason he knew it might be his only salvation, at least it felt good on his face. 

He began to will himself to wake up. He wasn’t enjoying this dream at all.

Xoxo

Having seen the unexpected reflection Clark was so surprised that he backed up right into the shower enclosure making a loud clatter barely staying on his feet.  Thank goodness it was shatter proof glass but even so he turned to the bathroom door and froze in place sure Lois would be running in to see what had happened any second.  After several seconds and she still hadn’t rushed in to investigate, he let out a sigh of relief and promptly tripped over the rug that he had just messed up in his previous attempt to keep from falling.

“What’s going on in there?”       

“Um nothing, I just tripped in the dark.  Go back to sleep.”  Gees, he thought, even my voice sounds like his.  I have got to get out of here, fast.

He tiptoed back into the bedroom and looked around the room wondering where Richard’s clothes were kept.  Trying the large dresser he opened several drawers before he found clean underwear and socks neatly folded in the bottom drawer. He then went to the closet and pulled out the first suit he found and took everything back to the bathroom to dress. 

Deciding his mouth tasted yucky he opened up the medicine cabinet and found a new unopened toothbrush and a bottle of mouthwash, both of which he decided to use.  Somehow it just didn’t appeal to him to use either of the used toothbrushes in the holder on the counter. 

Feeling the stubble on his face he figured he better shave since Richard didn’t seem to be the type to go unshaven.  Having never shaved in this manner before, he ended up with several nicks on his face and neck before he was done.  He had never realized before what a pain it was to be human.  He also thought it rather strange that Richard used such a girly smelling shave cream and then even worse, the aftershave stung the cuts. 

Finally cleaned up and dressed he poked his head out of the bathroom and sighed in relief seeing Lois still in bed with her head now under her pillow.  Obviously she was determined to stay asleep and he had been making way too much noise.

He tiptoed out and headed towards the exit to the hall but just as he got there Lois turned over and looked right at him.  “Where are you going, it’s Saturday we have the day off or did you forget?”

“Uh no…I need to run some errands.  Just go back to sleep.” 

“What’s that all over your face?” 

“Nothing, I just cut myself shaving, that’s all.”

Lois made a face, “You cut yourself shaving, with your electric razor?”      

Oh, I didn’t see that, he thought then out loud, “I decided to try one of those disposable razors out for a change.  Just try to go back to sleep, I’ll see you later.”  He finally made it out of the bedroom and down the stairs. 

Finding Richard’s car keys and cell phone on the kitchen counter he practically ran out of the house.  Not knowing where to go, he decided the safest place was the Daily Planet.  He could hide out in Richard’s office and try and sort things out.  The place would no doubt be almost empty at this hour on a Saturday morning. 

Once safely in the office he pulled out the cell phone and dialed his own cell phone number.  He had a bad feeling that Richard had his phone.  The only question was, would he be able to answer the call?

Xoxo

Richard continued walking, and walking and walking still wishing he would just wake up.  Hearing a funny buzzing sound he turned around in place several times trying to figure out the source.  It stopped only to start again a few seconds later, stopping and starting as he kept trying to figure out what the heck it was.  He stopped walking and tried to listen closer, all of a sudden he heard a multitude of sounds that seemed to grow in magnitude until he covered his ears and fell to his knees in distress.  Finally the noises subsided and he breathed out a sigh of relief only to hear the buzzing again.  This time he decided it was coming from somewhere on the suit and began patting himself down in an attempt to figure out the source.  As his hand went over the belt at his waist a small opening suddenly appeared in the suit where his hand had just grazed. Inside the opening he found a cell phone. 

Opening it up he saw the caller ID showed he, Richard White, was calling.  He answered, “Hello?”

“Richard?” a man’s voice asked. He sounded relieved.

“Um yes, who is this?”  Richard asked.

“This is, or at least was, Superman. I take it you are now me, because I certainly seem to be you.”

Xoxoxo

Many Thanks go to SHADO for serving as Beta.   Believe me it is better with her watchful eye.    : Wink

« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2009 at 5:45pm by Vgerland »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic