Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Normal Topic Family Reunion - 40/? (Read 2155 times)
Mr. Beeto
Cub Reporter

Long Live the Movieverse

Family Reunion - 40/?
Feb 19th, 2009 at 10:32am

Title: Family Reunion
Author: Mr. Beeto
Rating: PG-13
Beta: htbthomas and Shado Librarian
Summary: AU Twist on Donner/Singer Movieverse: Tie the three films together into a cohesive whole, and provide a more credible and interesting reason for Superman to have returned to Krypton.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)  ]     [  (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)  ]     [  (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)  ]     [  (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)  ]

Author’s Notes:
Thanks again to the beta team of htbthomas and Shado Librarian, a.k.a. dandello.

Chapter 40 – Search Party

Thursday, October 5, 2006 3:20PM EDT
Lieutenant General Sam Lane marched in step with Lieutenant General Michael Maples, his counterpart from the Defense Intelligence Agency, as the two reported to a large secure conference room.  They were there for an emergency briefing called after reviewing the intelligence gathered by his daughter, Lois, and forwarded to the Pentagon by her editor.  Sam had never been prouder of his willful firstborn.

Unfortunately, Lois had put herself in grave danger collecting the information, and his responsibilities didn’t allow him to personally assume charge of her rescue.   He had reluctantly delegated that task of expediting her rescue to his capable chief of staff, Colonel Tom Jacobs, who had a well-deserved reputation for achieving the impossible.  It was a skill he’d need, given the EMP damage all branches in the region had suffered.  Sam had confidence in his subordinate, but still worried and prayed for his daughter.

Sam struggled to push his worries aside as they walked into the conference room, which was used exclusively for secure video conferences.  Under normal circumstances, they would have traveled to the White House to brief the President there, but the timeline was too short to allow for transit time.  The video conference had been quickly arranged, and the split screen at the far end of the room already showed the Vice President, the Secretary of Homeland Security, and the Commander of the Northern Command.  The presidential seal was displayed in the remaining box, a placeholder for the president who had not yet joined the conference.

Opposite the screen was a large U-shaped conference table, and the Secretary of Defense, Dan Ross, was conspicuously seated in the center of the “U”, intently studying the screen on his laptop and chatting quietly to the NSA director seated beside him.  General Maples claimed the empty seat on the opposite side of Secretary Ross and Sam chose a seat further down the table.  Secretary Ross glanced over and offered a brief greeting to the two generals before returning his attention to his laptop.

Shortly after their arrival, the President’s chief of staff appeared in place of the presidential seal, and called for everyone’s attention.  “People, if I could have your attention,” he stated authoritatively.  “We're about ready to begin…  Here’s the President of the United States.”

After the President was introduced, he immediately got to the point.  “All right, people.  I’ve reviewed the messages from this Daily Planet reporter.  Since you’ve insisted on this briefing, I assume we’re taking it seriously.”

“We believe that the intelligence is credible and represents a clear and present danger to the United States,” Secretary Ross stated confidently.

“Are you sure it’s not just some gimmick by the Planet to jump their reporter to the front of the line to be rescued?” the President pressed.

“Mister President, we have additional facts that support the conclusions provided by Lois Lane,” General Maples replied insistently.  “In fact, the evidence convincingly supports her assertions.”

“What are these additional facts?” the President asked somberly.

“At two fifty this afternoon, the radar from the Harry S. Truman Carrier Battle Group recorded what we believe to be a missile launch from the coordinates that Miss Lane identified for Lex Luthor’s yacht, approximately seventy-five miles offshore from Metropolis.  The Truman was two hundred miles from Norfolk at the time, and two hundred seventy miles from Luthor’s apparent location.”

“He fired a missile at us?” the President asked incredulously.

“No, sir, not at us,” General Maples informed him.  “It was fired in the other direction and splashed down approximately eighteen miles west of the firing point.  The Eastern Seaboard was hit by a high energy EMP approximately one minute after the missile splashed down, and we do not believe that to be a coincidence.  I’m sure everyone here recalls that the EMP from twenty-five September was also linked to Lex Luthor and the robbery of Superman’s Arctic Fortress.

“We’re also finding something disturbing at the missile’s ground zero.  Radar satellite imaging had detected a large landmass below the Atlantic Ocean with multiple plateaus rising through the surface.  The plateaus are penetrating the ocean surface at approximately quarter-mile intervals, centered around ground zero.”

“There’s a big difference between finding an undiscovered archipelago and a growing a new continent,” the president pointed out.

“We’ve compared the new images with those from NASA’s ocean mapping project, sir,” General Maples replied seriously.  “This land mass isn’t ‘undiscovered’ – it’s new.  As for the dispersion… consider the analogy of reforestation.  When they replant a clear-cut forest, they don’t put all the seeds in the same hole.  The spread them out, and as the trees grow and expand, they fill in the gaps.  That may be what we’re seeing here.  The peaks are appearing at regularly spread intervals around ground zero and expanding.  The land mass already covers an area fifteen miles across.  If we extrapolate from the splashdown time, it would mean that Luthor’s continent would crash into the East coast in just over two and a half hours.”

“Dear God,” the President muttered quietly.

“We also think this growing landmass is responsible for the earthquake that’s struck Metropolis,” General Maples added.  “The city’s not in a seismic zone, and it seems unlikely that some natural geological process would have caused a five point seven quake so soon after Luthor planted his seed crystal offshore.”

“We believe these events confirm the intelligence Lois Lane provided – that Luthor is using stolen Kryptonian technology to create a new continent, which he hopes will destroy North America,” Secretary Ross asserted.  “It’s the only explanation that fits the data.”

“How do we stop it?” the President asked.

“We could hope for Superman to pull off a miracle,” Secretary Ross replied seriously.  “However, given that the intelligence from Miss Lane also warned of kryptonite, we can’t rely on that.  We’ll need to take control of the situation ourselves, and General Matthews from NORTHCOM(1) is implementing our response.”

“Sir, we believe the solution is at sea,” General Matthews replied somberly.  “It’s either aboard Luthor’s ship or on the new land mass.  He has to be controlling it somehow and we need to take that control away from him.  That means we’ll need to take him alive and we already have teams en route to do precisely that, once they get the go-ahead.  E.T.A. to Luthor’s ship is approximately thirty minutes.”

“They have the go-ahead,” the President declared.  “I want all of the necessary resources deployed to stop that bastard, and that means everything…  Well, Gentlemen, it sounds like we have a lot of work to do, so let’s get to it.  And keep me apprised of our progress.”

-o-o-o-

Lois inched forward along the corridor, hugging the wall and holding the gun in front of her, pointed up, with both hands firmly on the grip, as she strained her hearing for any sound from Luthor’s men.   The path brought her across a closed door along the side of the hallway, and she nudged it open, carefully listening for any sounds of life as she snuck through the doorway.   She quietly pulled the door shut behind her and inspected her surroundings, finding herself in a small lounge with circular couches centered around a small table and with a large screen television at the far end of the room.  She also noticed another door adjacent to the one she’d entered through, and she cautiously pushed it open.  She discovered a large walk-in closet, and another door in the opposite side of the closet.  Along the counter between the doors, she found a dozen Styrofoam heads with wigs of various colors and lengths – all of them men’s wigs.

Luthor’s stateroom, Lois thought.  The absolute last place I ever wanted to be.  She crossed the closet to the opposite door, and pulled it open just enough to reveal the bedroom on the opposite side.  As she was pulling the door shut, she suddenly heard voices from the room behind her, and quickly reversed direction, quietly rushing through the door into the bedroom, and pulling it nearly shut behind her, leaving only the slightest crack to spy through.

“Why do you have to hover over me?” Kitty complained.  “I told you I’d start at this end after putting Tala away.”

“Somebody has to make sure you pull your weight instead of hiding in here with that damn dog,” Stanford snapped.  “Now get a move on it.  The boss said he wanted the prisoners locked up before they get back.”

“Wouldn’t it be quicker to split up, and work together from opposite ends?” Kitty asked irritably.  “You know, divide and conquer?”

“That’s precisely why we have to stick together,” Stanford insistent impatiently.  “If we split up, it’ll be too easy for them to pick us off.”

“Lex said the kids couldn’t hurt us if we had the kryptonite with us,” Kitty countered.

“And what about the mother?  You saw what she did to Reilly, and I’m pretty sure she has his gun now.”

“What?  He never said anything about that,” Kitty argued petulantly.

“But he didn’t have his gun with him when they left,” Stanford pointed out.  “When was the last time you saw him go anywhere unarmed?  He probably sleeps with the damn thing.”

“Oh, shit.”

“Come on, get your ass in gear!” Stanford demanded.  “You wanted to drop the dog off here, so put the dog down and let’s go!”

Lois heard a canine whine a moment later, followed by the slam of a door and muffled voices as the Stanford and Kitty continued their arguing.  Lois cautiously emerged from her hiding spot, reentering the closet and crossing to the opposite door, where she was met by the anxious Pomeranian.  The dog yipped and Lois grabbed the nearest thing she could get her hands on, throwing Luthor’s long curly wig in front of the animal to distract her.  The Pomeranian sniffed at the wig, and after catching Luthor’s scent, she growled angrily and attacked it, shaking it back and forth ferociously.

Lois suppressed a chuckle and thought, So you don’t like that madman either?  Good girl.  Lois grabbed the rest of the wigs and threw them to the floor, afterwards stepping over the distracted dog and quietly pulling the door shut behind her.   She pulled the outer door open slightly and caught the continuing argument as her pursuers walked down the hall.  She strained her hearing to catch their words.

“Do you ever shut up?” Stanford complained.

“I speak my mind,” Kitty replied defiantly.

“Well, you’re going to give us away,” Stanford complained.  “Try, just for once, to keep your mouth shut and follow the plan.”

“Oh, and what is the plan, genius?”

“We’ll start at the top deck and systematically work our way down,” Stanford declared.  After a moment, he adamantly added, “Quietly…  Why on Earth has the boss put up with you this long?”

Lois chanced a peek out the hallway and saw the pair turn the corner at the end of the hall.  Kitty’s heels continued to clack against the deck, growing fainter as they moved farther away.  Lois smiled and thought, So the two stooges went that-a-way…  And from the sound of it, Luthor and the other losers made a side trip, leaving just those two aboard. 

She stepped into the hall, pulling the door shut behind her, and began walking in the opposite direction.  However, she came to an abrupt stop after only a few steps.  She looked back down the hallway in the direction Stanford and Kitty had gone and thought, Better the devil you know…  She reversed course and walked briskly after the pair, taking care to keep her footsteps silent and stay out of sight while listening for them.

-o-o-o-

Thursday, October 5, 2006 3:40PM EDT
Richard checked his instruments as he piloted his plane towards the coordinates Lois had provided and he reflected that Jack Wilde could give her a run for the money in the ‘Scariest Driver’ category.  As promised, Jack had maneuvered his Harley around the stopped cars, at times sending pedestrians on the sidewalk scurrying out his way, and once reaching the on ramp to the Clinton Expressway, he sped along the shoulder at ninety miles an hour.

Richard counted at least two instances of Metropolis’ Finest shouting after them, but Jack never slowed down.  For a time, Richard had seriously doubted their survival.  However, the frightening trip had delivered him to his front door in an unbelievable twelve minutes.  It had only taken an additional two minutes to collect his Beretta pistol from the closet safe and ferry the plane out into the river for takeoff.  Once in the air, he’d immediately contacted the Coast Guard, but received only a vague promise from the skeptical radio operator that they’d send a search party ‘as soon as possible.’  Richard’s protests had produced an equally vague explanation that they had received numerous calls since the EMP.

Perry had better news when Richard called him to report in, and he was relieved to learn that the kids were safe and that his uncle had gotten through to Lois’ father.  However, the message Lois had sent with the kids was horrifying, and Richard prayed that Superman would be able to stop the sociopath.  If he failed, his family’s rescue would be for naught.

Richard noticed he was getting close to the target area, though the coordinate resolution still left a large search area.  He dove to a low altitude of one thousand feet, and banked his plane in a wide turn to the left, leaving the side window facing the ocean and he scanned the surface for a large yacht.  Finally, after ten minutes of searching, he found a likely match, and lowered his altitude for a closer look.  He scrutinized the stern of the ship through a pair of binoculars, and made out a blurry “Alexander.”  That’s got to be it, Richard thought.

He again circled the ship, and came in for a landing in the rough seas directly behind it, shutting off the engines and coasting to a stop approximately five hundred yards behind the yacht.  He again focused the binoculars on the stern, and confirmed the name:  “Alexander the Great.”

Richard pulled the satellite phone from his seat’s side pouch and dialed his uncle.  Perry answered on the second ring.  “Richard?” Perry answered.

“I found the ship,” Richard reported.  “Any news from Lois’ dad?”

“I tried calling a little while ago, and ‘the general is unavailable’,” Perry informed him.  “When I pressed the operator for information on their rescue plan, I was told that he couldn’t comment on ongoing military operations.”

“You would have thought that Sam would try a little harder to get someone out here for his daughter,” Richard complained.

“Richard, for all we know he has, and that’s the military operation Sergeant Dumbass was referring to,” Perry countered.

“We don’t know that, Uncle Perry,” Richard argued.

“Richard, remember what we talked about earlier,” Perry said insistently.  “Don’t get yourself killed.  Just sit tight and wait for the cavalry.”

Richard sighed irritably and said, “That’s what I am doing.”

“Make sure you keep on doing that,” Perry replied.  “Richard, they have the coordinates.  I’m sure they’ll be there soon.”

“The coordinates!  I almost forgot,” Richard said urgently.  “Hold on, I can get you something a little more precise that what Lois gave us.”  He quickly turned the plane’s navigational instruments back on.

“What was wrong with those coordinates?  They were good enough for you to find the ship.”

“The resolution was only down to the nearest minute, and when you account for rounding, that can still mean a search area of several square miles,” Richard explained.  “Including the seconds drastically narrows that down…  Have you got a pen?”

“Yeah, go ahead.”

“It’s 38°56'02" North by 73°35'14" West,” Richard declared.

“Got it.  I’ll call it in to the Pentagon,” Perry declared.  “You sit tight and wait for them.”

“I know, you’ve made your point,” Richard complained.  “Repeatedly.”

“Good.  I’ll call you back when I hear something.”

After ending the call, Richard continued to scan Luthor’s ship through his binoculars.  However, after a few minutes, his attention was interrupted by several loud sonic booms, followed by the roar of jet engines.  He opened the side door of the plane, and peeked up under the wing in time to see a group of fighters circling overhead.  Oh, please God, tell me that they’re not going to try to sink the ship, Richard thought anxiously.  Not yet.  Not when Lois is still aboard.

Richard ducked back inside the plane, reemerging a moment later and tying a rope around the wing strut.  He then retreated back inside, leaving the door open as he climbed back into the pilot’s seat.  He started the engine, and the plane sped forward towards the yacht.  When the plane was fifty feet from the stern, Richard made an abrupt ninety degree turn and killed the engine, sending the plane coasting sideways towards the ship.

The starboard wing just missed colliding with the back of the vessel and passed harmlessly along the port side of the ship as Richard grabbed the rope and leapt out the door of the plane, landing awkwardly on one of the two permanent swim ladders off the rear deck.  He climbed up onto the ship and tied the rope to the swim ladder.  With the aircraft securely moored, Richard pulled out his pistol and quietly slipped inside the ship as he began the search for his fiancée.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2009 at 2:40am by Mr. Beeto »  
WWW YIM  
IP Logged

Mr. Beeto
Cub Reporter

Long Live the Movieverse

Re: Family Reunion - 40/?
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2009 at 10:34am

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Lois flattened herself against the outside port wall of the ship’s cabin and strained her hearing to try to hear the chatter between Stanford and Kitty.  The pair had taken one of the exterior stairways on either side of the ship to the wheel house on the top deck to begin their search for their escaped prisoner, with Lois covertly following them.  She was certain that she’d hear Kitty’s spiked heels on the steps in time to slip out of sight, sneak through the cabin to the opposite side of the ship and circle around them.  Of course, that assumed that they remained fearful or dimwitted enough to both take the same stairway back down, rather than split up.  She could also be in trouble if they chose to take the opposite stairway back down and spotted her through the cabin’s continuous windows.  Damn, there’s not much margin for error here, Lois thought.

She nervously looked around and her gaze locked on a pair of large fiberglass cylinders on a cradle outside the rail about of third of the distance from the ship’s stern.  Maybe a little misdirection could work to my advantage, Lois thought.  She slipped back inside the cabin, moving swiftly towards the rear of the ship, and down a flight of stairs to the outside deck below.  She cautiously peeked around the corner of the wall, and then slipped over to the canisters.  She pulled the release cords for one of the canisters and darted back to her hiding place as it splashed into the sea.

Moments later, Lois heard Kitty’s voice from the opposite end of the ship as she exclaimed, “I think they jumped overboard!”

Lois rushed aft to a stairwell on the opposite side of the ship and rushed down to the level below.   Maybe that will keep them occupied for a while, she thought.  At the bottom of the stairs, she circled back inside the yacht, running through a large formal dining room in search of an alternate path back up along the starboard side of the ship.

-o-o-o-

Stanford considering himself a very patient and tolerant man, but Kitty’s constant complaining was quickly exhausting his patience.  Not only did he find her dumb broad act supremely annoying – and it was clearly an act – her constant chatter was telegraphing their position to the escaped prisoners.  Stanford knew Kitty was no dummy, despite the act, and couldn’t for the life of him figure out why she refused to shut her mouth.  As much as he knew she enjoyed getting under his skin, she had to realize she was warning the escapees of their approach.  Kitty didn’t seem to care, which was baffling.  Even if she was the dimwit she pretended to be, she’d have been smart enough not to disappoint Lex Luthor.

As they climbed the stairs to the wheel house, Stanford found himself reconsidering his earlier insistence that they stick together.  Kitty’s idea of helping was to watch him do the work and question everything he did, her every syllable becoming more shrill than the last.  He wished wholeheartedly that he had the forethought to gag her before dragging her along.  After finally confirming that the observation deck and wheel house were clear, his search was interrupted by a loud splash off the port side of the ship.  He rushed to get out the door to investigate the noise, but found himself tripping into Kitty, who’d stumbled in the doorway and was inspecting the bottom of one of her shoes.

“Get out of my way, you worthless whore!” he shouted, roughly shoving her out the door in front of him.

Kitty caught herself on the rail at the top of the stairs outside the door, still planted in his way and she shouted innocently, “I think they jumped overboard!”

Stanford pushed passed her, and looked over the side, spotting the twelve man life raft, now fully inflated and drifting slowly away from the ship.  Unfortunately, the canopy equipped on the oceangoing life raft made it impossible to see if anyone was inside or not.  He shoved Kitty out of the way, causing her to swing to the side of the stairway as she stumbled, and he rushed past her, sprinting down the stairs towards the back of the ship where the life raft had been released.  When he reached the empty life raft canister cradle, he leaned over the rail, straining to see through the raft’s open canopy flap.   After failing to discern any movement inside the raft after a few minutes, he concluded that it was probably empty.  They could be hiding behind the canopy, but kids weren’t easy to keep still.

“Aren’t you going to jump in after them?” Kitty asked, startling him with her sudden appearance at his left.

“Maybe I’ll throw you in instead,” Stanford threatened.

“And ruin these expensive clothes that Lex bought for me?” Kitty asked sarcastically.

“You know, your act’s starting to wear thin with the boss.  If you’re not careful, you’ll end up washing up in the surf,” Stanford replied irritably.  He again leaned over the rail as he continued his scrutiny of the life raft.

“You’ll get there first, so save me a spot,” Kitty replied with false sweetness.

Stanford turned to say something to her when a reflection from the rear of the ship caught his attention.  “What the hell is that?” he asked curiously.

“That’s your best comeback?”

“No, that!” Stanford replied, and he pointed towards the rear of the ship, where he could see the wings and forward fuselage of a seaplane.

Kitty followed his gaze and said innocently, “It’s probably something Lex brought along.  He doesn’t tell any of us everything, you know.  Especially not you.”

“That plane wasn’t there earlier,” Stanford insisted.

“How would you know?  You can barely see from it from here.  You’d have to be practically on top of it before you’d notice anything.  Besides, how else would it get here if Lex didn’t bring here?”

“They got a message out somehow,” Stanford declared.  He marched to the rear stairwell, pulling Kitty along roughly by the arm.  “Come on.  And if you don’t keep your mouth shut this time, I swear, I’ll break your jaw.”

-o-o-o-

Lois looked apprehensively between the doors of the wheel house as she pressed the transmit button on the microphone and repeated her hail on channel sixteen.  “Mayday, Mayday, Mayday.  This is Lois Lane of the Daily Planet.  I’ve been kidnapped by Lex Luthor and require assistance.  Is anyone out there?  Over.”  It was the third and final time she’d transmit her plea.  The bridge was simply too exposed if anyone chose to come up there and she couldn’t guarantee she’d hear them coming while she was talking on the radio.

After a few agonizingly long seconds, she heard the reply over the speaker.  “Lois Lane, this is the U.S.S. Harry Truman. Over.”

“Truman, this is Lois Lane.  How soon can you get me off this boat? Over,” Lois replied.

“Lois Lane, Truman.  Please confirm your position and status.  Over.”

“Truman, Lois Lane,” Lois responded.  “I’m on a yacht called Alexander the Great, and I’m at…  38°56'02" North by 73°35'14" West.  Status is that Lex Luthor took a little helicopter side trip with some of his flunkies, and I think there are just two bad guys left on the boat.  They’re both armed and dangerous and looking for me.  Over.”

“Lois Lane, Truman.  Roger that.  Over.”

“Truman, Lois Lane.  How soon can you be here?  Over,” Lois said insistently.

“Lois Lane, Truman.  We’re not at liberty to discuss that.  Find someplace to hide until someone can get there.  Over.”

“What the hell do think I’ve been doing?” Lois asked irritably.  After a moment, she hastily added, “Over.”

“Lois Lane, Truman.  Good Luck.  Truman Out.”

Well that was helpful, Lois thought sarcastically.  She put down the microphone, and walked over to the starboard door, carefully peeking down the outside stairs.  She slipped through the door and rushed down the stairs, with her gun out in front her and clinging to the wall as she scanned ahead of her for her pursuers.  She ducked into the cabin and jogged towards the bow end of the room and snuck down the interior stairwell to the lower decks, concluding that the luxurious and spacious upper decks offered far too little cover.

As she reached the bottom of the stairs, a movement of shadow alerted her, and she pressed herself against the side wall, her senses heightened.  How close is he? Lois wondered.  Probably too close for me to chance running up the stairs.  She waited patiently, straining her hearing and searching the walls for shadows to confirm her suspicions.  Finally, she saw a man’s shadow on the opposite wall, apparently holding a gun in front of him.  Did Luthor have a bigger crew onboard than I thought? she wondered.

The seconds crawled by as the barrel of a pistol poked out from around the corner.  The man stopped and Lois held her breath.  After a brief delay, he resumed his forward movement, and Lois made her move, grabbing the gun hand and swinging it up as she brought the barrel of her own weapon under the man’s chin.  She was so focused on subduing the potential attacker that she didn’t notice her opponent’s face until after he was at her mercy.  When she finally looked up at him, her eyes then widened in shock.  She quickly recovered and hissed, “Richard?  What the hell are you doing here?”

“We got your fax,” Richard answered quietly.  “Um, I think you can put the gun down now.”

“What?  Oh,” Lois replied, and she released Richard’s gun hand and pulled her gun away, pointing the barrel up in a safety position.  She glanced briefly up the stairs behind her, and irritably added in a loud whisper, “I was expecting the Coast Guard.”

“Well, it looks like they have their hands full right now, and I didn’t want to take a chance on those fighters trying to sink the ship while you were still aboard,” Richard whispered back defensively.

“Why would they be targeting this ship?”

“Perry called your dad after he got the note from Kara,” Richard explained.

“You mean the note I gave her to give to Superman?” Lois asked insistently.

“I guess so.  I assume Superman read it, since he’s the one who brought the kids back to the Planet,” Richard told her.

“Oh, thank God they’re safe,” Lois said with obvious relief, looking away to hide her emotion.  Her head suddenly spun back around to Richard and she urgently asked, “Wait, how’d you get here?”

“The seaplane.  I tied it up behind the ship,” Richard informed her, smiling proudly as he delivered the news.

“Then what are we standing around here for?  Let’s go!” Lois insisted in a loud whisper.  “Just be careful of tweedledum and tweedledummer.”

“Who?”

“Stanford Harris and Katherine Kowalski .  I think they’re the only ones still on the boat.  Everyone else left on the helicopter.”

The two cautiously made their way back to the stern, checking every corner as they passed, finally emerging from the cabin at the Jacuzzi deck, and rushing down the port stairway to the stern swimming platform.  However, as soon as Lois stepped out onto the deck, the butt of Stanford’s gun made painful contact with her face and she fell backwards, just barely managing to find the handrail along the stairs and preventing herself from tumbling into the water.

“That’s far enough,” Stanford declared.  “Now, drop your guns and put your hands up.  Both of you.”

-o-o-o-

(1) “ (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)” is the acronym for “United States Northern Command”, which is a unified combatant command of the United States military whose area of responsibility encompasses the United States and its territories, Canada, Mexico, and the surrounding waters out to five hundred nautical miles.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)  ]     [  (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)  ]     [  (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)  ]     [  (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)  ]
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2009 at 2:41am by Mr. Beeto »  
WWW YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic