Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Normal Topic Crystal Thoughts, ch 5 (Read 1426 times)
Brin_Londo5
Cub Reporter

I Love Superman

Crystal Thoughts, ch 5
Feb 18th, 2009 at 10:28pm

Part Five

It has been almost one Terran year since Kal-El has left the Fortress for the outside world, and he has returned only twice, to assure us that he has retaken his human identity as Clark of the House of Kent, albeit a more timid and less graceful version of that identity as a means of obscuring his identity as mankind’s new champion, which the human information distribution industry is now calling “Superman”.

(Kal-El seemed amused by this turn of events, informing us that the female who bestowed this title upon him mistook the Kryptonian glyph for the House of El as a stylized version of the Roman letter “S”, and compounded that with a reference to the human philosopher Friedrich [of the House of Nietzsche] in his work Thus Spoke Zarathustra, referring to a being so far advanced beyond the present human condition as to have transcended it, in both physical, mental, and philosophical matters. A satellite connection to the northern hemisphere’s “world wide web” allowed me to download and peruse this author’s works. To see a philosopher who has come so close to a Kryptonian mind-state in some ways and yet so far away in other, more crucial aspects saddens me, especially in the historical context of his life and times. The usurpation and perversion of his ideals by the very group that he despised the most, a group called “anti-Semites” or “Nazis”, as the justification of genocide is truly tragic.)

In this identity, Kal-El has secured a domicile of his own in one of the larger North American cities, as well as employment as a civilian investigator for the very same information distribution business that bestowed his counter-identity the name it has become known by. He has also related to Lara and myself that he has been partnered with the same human female that named him “Superman”, yet reassured us that the ploy of exaggerating certain aspects of his personality between the two identities and simple misdirection seem to be enough to protect his identity from her.

I find it somewhat troublesome, the tone of his voice as he described this female to us. He seems to hold great admiration for this female, Lois of the House of Lane, which is to be commended, and yet he is but an adolescent as Kryptonians measure maturity, and thus may be prone to infatuations that he may mistake for actual love. Given the shorter lifespans of Terran humans, I do not wish to see Kal-El hurt, especially since unless she is less mind-blind than most humans, she will be unable to properly life-bond with him. Any relationship under those circumstances would be wrought with misunderstandings and hurt feelings, especially since Kal-El’s mission requires a double-identity.

Lara concurs, and seems to feel that Kal-El may already be seeing this female as a potential mate. For Kal-El’s sake, I can only hope that we are both wrong. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic