Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Normal Topic All That Matters 10/? (Read 1268 times)
Miss Lois
YaBB Moderator

I Love Superman

All That Matters 10/?
Dec 18th, 2008 at 9:42pm

Posted on behalf of Vgerland
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Chapter 10 – Scary Nights Matter

“This has been great getting to know you Martha but I think Lois and I should head home. I don’t really want to try and take off in an unfamiliar area in the dark.”

Lois nodded getting up she added, “Besides Jason seems perfectly happy here. I’ve hardly seen him in the last twenty minutes since he found that litter of kittens in the barn.”

Martha laughed. “I knew he was going to enjoy them, I’m just glad he hasn’t shown any sign of being allergic to them. They are at the cutest stage right now. Their mother, Boots should be about to wean them any time now.”

The threesome walked out of the house as Lois called out. “Munchkin, come kiss us goodbye. We’re leaving now.”

Jason came running out of the barn with one little back and white kitten in his arms and four others following at his heels trying to keep up with the little boy.

“Mommy, how come you never let me have a kitty or a puppy?”

“Honey, we couldn’t take the chance that you were allergic, remember? Maybe we can look into it when you get back home, okay? Now give your daddy and me a big hug and I want lots of kisses.” She kneeled down pulling him in making sure to not crush the kitten now climbing up his shirt to his shoulder.

Richard stood watching waiting his turn then, worried the kitten was going to scratch either Lois or Jason, he gathered it into his hands and put it on his chest as he petted it gently enjoying the feel of the soft little ball of fur. As Jason and Lois pulled apart he handed the kitten to Lois as he got his hug and kisses.

Lois handed the kitten back to Jason as the three adults exchanged hugs. Martha walked them to the truck as Jason began running around in front of the barn darting back and forth chasing the kittens.

“Just leave the truck where you found it this afternoon with the keys in the ignition. Clark will drive it back home later.”

“Must be nice to not have to worry about someone stealing it?”

Martha laughed, “I doubt it’s worth stealing. Please, call anytime you want to talk to Jason, but be assured we’ll keep him safe and happy.”

Lois had been just about to climb into the truck but instead gave one final hug to the older woman she had come to love in just a few hours. “We know you will. Enjoy your grandson and it goes two ways, you or Jason should call us if you need anything.”

Lois looked over at her son happily playing as the truck started up. “Bye Mommy, Daddy,” he called out waving then went back to play.

-o-o-o-

Evening came and Jason began to get antsy waiting for his other daddy to show up. They had finished dinner and he was on the floor behind Martha petting Shelby when he jumped up suddenly. “Daddy’s here, daddy’s here.”

Superman entered the house carrying a box which he quickly sat on the table so he could hug Jason. “Hey buddy. Have you been having fun with your Grandma?”

Jason nodded, “Ah huh and with the toys here and Shelby and did you know there are five kittens in the barn?”

“Yes I did. Little black and white ones just like Boots.” He began opening the box to reveal a brand new laptop computer. ”Mom, I thought maybe you should come into the 21st century finally besides this will save me from having to bring mine back and forth.”

“Clark what ever am I going to do with a computer I don’t even know how to use?” She came to look over his arm as he pulled the laptop out excited about the prospect even though she refused to admit it.

“I can teach you. Why, I bet even Jason can help teach you.” He ruffled the little boy’s hair as he spoke winking at him then looking back at his mother. “It’ll be great we can even send emails back and forth…but we will have to be careful. You have to always remember that someone else might see them.”

Jason had nodded proudly then climbed into a chair to try and see inside the box. He practically fell off the chair with excitement when he spied a DVD player. “Oh goodie Daddy, you got Grandma a DVD player. Now we can watch my movies.”

A short time later the three were enjoying <b>The Incredibles</b>. The little boy danced around the room during some parts of the movie explaining what was going on in the way only a young child can. At other times he was on the floor lying on his stomach watching intently then the next minute he would be climbing up next to his Daddy or Grandma making sure they were enjoying the movie as much as he was. In fact all three of them did enjoy the movie but mostly they enjoyed watching it together each reacting in turn to the others reactions.

The movie ended and Jason pleaded 'can we watch it again.' Martha and Clark exchanged glances and she spoke up, &ldquo;Your mom gave me strict instructions regarding your bedtime. You don&rsquo;t want me to go against her wishes do you?&rdquo;

&ldquo;Awwww, but I&rsquo;m not sleepy yet.&rdquo; He pouted pleading his case in front of both of them.

&ldquo;How about you go up and get ready for bed, I&rsquo;ll read you one of my favorite stories and then you can call your Mom and Dad to say goodnight,&rdquo; Clark said trying to reason with him.

Still pouting the little boy reluctantly made his way up the stairs looking back with pleading eyes hoping for a last minute reprieve from one of them.

Clark finally got his son to fall asleep after three stories, a call to his Mommy and other Daddy to say goodnight, a long drink of water, multiple goodnight hugs from both him and Martha, a second call to his Mommy since he had forgotten something important the first time and another drink of water closely followed by a trip to the bathroom.

Martha spent most of the time trying not to laugh instead fully enjoying Clark&rsquo;s first real induction into the science of, no the art of, fatherhood. She was sure Lois would enjoy hearing all the details in the morning. Life can be so sweet.

When Clark finally made it downstairs sure Jason was at long last asleep she had him show her how to use the computer enough to use it like a typewriter with a memory. That at least she could understand. Shortly after that he left promising to return later to spend at least part of the night. She decided on a whim to practice on the computer by writing a journal of the new father and of her grandchild discovering life on a farm.

-o-o-o-

A few hours later Superman had just finished one of many rescues when he heard Jason&rsquo;s unmistakably terrified cry. &ldquo;Mommy, Daddy!&rdquo; He instantly streaked home and didn&rsquo;t slow down till he was at his son&rsquo;s bedside. The little boy was sitting up in bed sniffing back tears clearly terrified about something although nothing seemed to be wrong. Martha had followed him into the bedroom and they both stood looking around trying to figure out what could be upsetting the little boy.

Superman sat down on the bedside pulling his son close. &ldquo;Jason, there is nothing to be afraid of we&rsquo;re right here. Tell us what frightened you?&rdquo;

The little boy pulled back just enough to see up into his Daddy&rsquo;s eyes. &ldquo;I heard a werewolf out there.&rdquo; He pointed towards the window. &ldquo;It&rsquo;s gonna come get me and make me a werewolf too.&rdquo; He sniffed wiping his eyes then he inhaled as his eyes got big hearing the howl again. &ldquo;Did you hear that? It&rsquo;s coming to get me.&rdquo; He tried to hide in his daddy&rsquo;s arms.

Clark hugged him tight then loosened his hold and pulled back. &ldquo;Jason, you can hear that? It&rsquo;s just a wolf and its miles away. Remember the lake your daddy landed on this afternoon?&rdquo; The little boy nodded still sniffling. "That wolf is way over on the other side of that lake. No way can it come all the way over here and get you.&rdquo;

Jason seemed to consider that. &ldquo;You&rsquo;re sure it&rsquo;s not a werewolf? &lsquo;Cus they can go real far and they bite people and then they&rsquo;re werewolves too. I saw it in my other Daddy&rsquo;s movie.&rdquo;

&ldquo;Jason, werewolves are just pretend. They&rsquo;re not real. Wolves are just like wild dogs nothing more. Does your other Daddy let you watch scary movies like that?&rdquo; he asked surprised.

&ldquo;He just let me watch I Was A Teenage Werewolf a few weeks ago. Mommy won&rsquo;t let me watch Daddy&rsquo;s other scary movies.&rdquo; He wiped his eyes again. &ldquo;You&rsquo;re sure that werewo&hellip;that wolf is not gonna get me?&rdquo;

Superman straightened the bedclothes and helped Jason lay back down. &ldquo;Nothing is going to &lsquo;get&rsquo; you. Now you need to go back to sleep or you&rsquo;ll be really tired tomorrow. Goodnight&rdquo; Both he and Martha gave him another good night kiss then started to leave the room.

Just as they got to the door and turned the light off Jason shot up in his bed, his eyes once again big with fear, &ldquo;What&rsquo;s that?&rdquo; Scratching noises could be heard outside somewhere in the yard followed by wings fluttering wildly and chicken shrieks.

Martha chuckled hearing what was frightening the youngster this time. Superman once again went to the bed and sat down. &ldquo;That is a fox trying to get into the chicken coop.&rdquo; He gathered the boy in his arms and took him to the window. &ldquo;See, there it is,&rdquo; he whispered. &ldquo;I&rsquo;ve watched foxes trying to break into that chicken house since I was smaller than you. But just like the little pig who built a brick house so the wolf couldn&rsquo;t blow it down, my dad built that chicken house to protect our chickens so no fox could get inside or break it down.&rdquo;

&ldquo;And the fox can&rsquo;t get in here or in the barn either?&rdquo; Jason asked worried about not only himself but the little kittens he had played with earlier.

&ldquo;Everything is safe and sound. That fox will give up and leave in a few minutes. They always do.&rdquo;

Just as he was putting Jason back in bed another noise filled the air. Superman spoke up not waiting for Jason to ask. &ldquo;That was just an owl.&rdquo; Martha chuckled and headed back to bed.

Jason nodded, &ldquo;I knew that Daddy. Goodnight.&rdquo;

Clark decided to stay the rest of the night in the guest bedroom not wanting to be far away from his son who was sure to hear more sounds that could be frightful to a young child used to city living. Surprisingly he had slept soundly actually needing a rest and was not awakened until a rooster crowed just as dawn was about to break.

The little boy shot up next to him. &ldquo;What was that?!&rdquo;

Those who say it can't be done should get out of the way of those who are doing it.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic