Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Normal Topic Inviting more authors (Read 9514 times)
Miss Lois
YaBB Moderator

I Love Superman

Inviting more authors
Aug 16th, 2008 at 5:21pm

Just throwing this out there as a suggestion:

If you know of a Movieverse author you like, please feel free to send them an invitation to join us. On LiveJournal, an announcement has been placed in a few communities (reeveverse, 12_days_of_clois) but I'm sure there are more that haven't gotten the news simply because I'm not subscribed to those communities. Nor am I subscribed to any other similar groups.

BTW, thank you Mr. Beeto for posting your own invitation to your friends and readers at LJ.

The more members we have, the more activity we have and the more we have to offer. Smiley

Those who say it can't be done should get out of the way of those who are doing it.
IP Logged

Mr. Beeto
Cub Reporter

Long Live the Movieverse

Re: Inviting more authors
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 11:52pm

My pleasure, though I'm not sure how much traffic I drive here.

By the way, Google's found you. A Search for "Superman Movieverse FanFiction Forum" lists Big Apricot as Number 6 (if you include sub-headings).

WWW YIM  
IP Logged

Miss Lois
YaBB Moderator

I Love Superman

Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 12:16am

Mr. Beeto wrote on Aug 16th, 2008 at 11:52pm:
My pleasure, though I'm not sure how much traffic I drive here.

By the way, Google's found you. A Search for "Superman Movieverse FanFiction Forum" lists Big Apricot as Number 6 (if you include sub-headings).

And this is without submitting to the search engines... (Which is one of next week's projects.)

Those who say it can't be done should get out of the way of those who are doing it.
IP Logged

Bellarata
Cub Reporter

I Love Superman

Reply #3 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 5:44am

did you make a new topic post on the Lois and clark message board? That's how I found you but I almost missed it because it was mentioned on an old thread.

IP Logged

Kara-El
Cub Reporter

Superman is my cousin...

Reply #4 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 8:50pm

Here I am whether you want me or not -- now I have to puzzle through how to post my stories  Smiley

IP Logged

Marcus Rowland
Cub Reporter

Reply #5 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 10:03pm

Saw this mentioned on the L&C boards, thought I'd sign up.

Can't promise to be very active at present, I'm working on RPG stuff that helps to pay the bills, but I've written several stories for L&C and I have a story on the back burner that will crossover Superman Returns with a couple of TV crime shows. Most of my fanfic, including the Lois And Clark stuff, is archived at Twisting the Hellmouth, the big Buffyverse crossover site:
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Marcus L. Rowland&&Forgotten Futures: The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
IP Logged

DarkAuthoress
Cub Reporter

"Welcome to the night,
Kal-El."

Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 3:34am

I'm an author, but haven't posted any fics for Superman.  I have a very detailed story in mind, and need help to hammer out the kinks so certain parts will flow.  NOTE: the love interest for our wonderful Kal-El is NOT Lois.  I'm sorry, Lois really ticked me off, especially in Superman Returns.  So if anyone here is interested in a Clark/OC romance (she's not Mary Sue, I don't think), please let me know, and I'll post my brainstorms here for people to comment on. 

I'll need some help getting this fic typed and posted, as I'm a stay-at-home mother of a 17 month old son, and his 6 month old sister, so having the chance to type is limited (can't type when hands are full w/teething daughter  Tongue  ).  But I have the desire to get back into writing.  I have a few fics posted @ fanfiction.net under the pen name of priestessmagemaeve, but now will post under the name lazbikerckl there when time allows.

I really hope someone replies to this addition, as I'm not hearing from other people, either on ff.net or elsewhere, on my requests for help, and offers to beta read and as a sounding board for ideas (  Cry  ), which I am totally happy to do.  So please drop me a line.  Looking forward to talking with the wonderful authors here on this site! Grin

IP Logged

Miss Lois
YaBB Moderator

I Love Superman

Reply #7 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 4:30am

While most of the authors here are firm Clois shippers, a few of us... :Smiley  I'll beta for you.

IP Logged

DarkAuthoress
Cub Reporter

"Welcome to the night,
Kal-El."

Reply #8 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 11:09pm

Librarian,

Thank you so much for offering up your time to beta!  I love your stories, and you actually make me like Lois in them. 

Ok, here's what I have brainstormed about my fic so far:

The back-story for her, how she meets Kal/Clark, her crush on him (which after a few months becomes love, though un-returned), her reaction to the mess that occures after Zod's take-over (as she watches the fall-out of Kal supressing Lois's memories), and her pep talk she gives Kal when he's getting up the guts to leave to see if the reports about Krypton are true.  I also came up with my character as an answer that some of us fans ask ourselves: how can Kal make love to someone who's not as strong or indestructable as he is?  My OC is my answer to that question (Note to Marcus: hope you'll like my idea of a woman that can put up with Kal letting go fully and not having to worry about hurting her. I liked your idea too.).

That's the tip of the iceberg, as my daughter is being a handfull now, so I can't go into details.  I also wanted feedback on this basic break-down, if anyone here (including you Librarian) thinks this fic has potential.  If so, when my little girl is either being cared for by my hubby (he's off today, YES!   Cheesy   Grin  ) or is sleeping, I'll go into more detail. 

Yes, I'm just throwing crumbs (  Cry  ), and I'm not happy about it, but that's my life as mommy of two little ones under the age of 2.   Shocked  Yes, I'm so frazzled, and I didn't sleep worth a darn last night/this morning.   Tongue   I'm so beat.  No chance for a nap yet, I'm afraid.  Ugh.

OK, enough of me moaning.  Drop me a line all who post here, and let me know what you think!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic